I was skeptical despite a ton of other good reviews, but took the plunge and bought the Ender 3. It took about an hour to put together and another hour to tune and calibrate; The results are very impressive given the price point.
- Great print quality in PLA practically 'out of the box'.
- easy to assemble and calibrate.
- complete tool and accessory kit came with it.
- 8 GB card came with it loaded with drivers, manual, and a cute dog print.
- extremely easy to tune and operate.
- Make sure you set the voltage to 115 vs 240 (switch on the PSU)... the switch was in the wrong position.
- The base plate was not square, loosen the bolts and re-tighten when it sits square and flat.
- Will NOT print from USB despite being recognized by both Win10 and Ubuntu Linux.
- Boden tube is extremely inconvenient to feed filament into, requires loosening when switching rolls.
Final thoughts; I love my ender 3, the prints that a 200 dollar printer can achieve astound me every time I hit print. Moreover there are a MILLION upgrades and modifications that can make this versatile machine into anything you want. Given it's price there simply isn't much bad I can say... it was a 3D printer kit, it builds like it says, and does what it's supposed to.